Statutes and Regulations
- Students Loans (Access to Higher Education) Act 2023The Students Loans (Access to Higher Education Act) 2023, was recently assented to by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The Act establishes an Education Loan Fund to help Nigerians fund their higher education, while they pay in instalments two years after completing their participation in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme. Download a copy of the Act… Read more: Students Loans (Access to Higher Education) Act 2023
- Nigeria Data Protection Act 2023 (PDF DOWNLOAD)Nigeria’s President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has signed the Data Protection Bill 2023 into law. The new law provides a legal shield to protect your personal data online and offline in Nigeria. The law also sets up the Nigeria Data Protection Commission. A National Commissioner will lead it, controlling how personal data is processed. Download a… Read more: Nigeria Data Protection Act 2023 (PDF DOWNLOAD)
- Electricity Act 2023 (DOWNLOAD PDF)The Electricity Act 2023 was recently signed into Law by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The Act repeals and replaces the Electricity and Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 and seeks to promote private sector investments in the power sector amongst other radical changes to the electricity space in Nigeria. Download a copy of the Act HERE
- SUPREME COURT HAS OVERRULED THE DECISION IN ODEY V ALAGAWritten by Carrington Omokaro, Esq The Supreme Court in the case of Odey v. Alaga (2021) 13 NWLR (Part 1792) 1 delivered on 25th of February, 2021 in a split decision of 4-3 decided that a Notice of Appeal must be served on the respondent personally and that service of a Notice of Appeal on… Read more: SUPREME COURT HAS OVERRULED THE DECISION IN ODEY V ALAGA
- Delta State High Court Civil Procedure Rules 2009In 2009, the Chief Judge of Delta State (as he then was); Hon Justice Rosaline Bozimo made the High Court Rules for the State. Download a copy of the Rules HERE.